About Me

My photo
I'm just a small-town girl who loves to read and write, often times listening to country music while doing so.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Thank God It's Friday.

     Thank God it's Friday. I have the same thought every week, as if it were routine. Why do I have this thought? I'm not entirely sure. On Friday night I work from 5pm until 7pm. That isn't that great, why be thankful for the day I have to work? The rest of the weekend isn't that great either. I may possibly have to work in the mornings, from 5am-8am. Why look forward to waking up before the sun has risen? Maybe it's the fact that I don't feel lazy, as I do during the rest of the week. During the week, I get up, get ready for school, go to school, come home, do homework, talk on the phone with my boyfriend, then go to bed. What a boring routine. But on Friday, the routine changes. I sleep in, rush to get ready, curse the traffic lights and pray I don't arrive late. Then, I receive tons of homework that I don't really think that I will do that evening, go home, talk on the phone until my boyfriend goes to work, go to work myself, and have small chat with the secretaries at the doctor's office where I clean. After work, I eat supper around 8pm, which is late for me to eat my biggest meal, and watch TV (usually a movie) with my grandma. After relaxing for an hour or two, I talk on the phone until about midnight, talking about random things with my boyfriend. The routine changes, it's slightly more exciting, more thrilling to have that change, the unpredictable aspect looming ahead, piquing my interest. For the rest of the weekend, I consider doing homework off and on, clean the house as if my life depends on it, talk on the phone whenever I can, and laze around. Why should I like being lazy? Well I don't. I chastise myself for it, but on the weekend, it is a guilty pleasure that I just can't help indulging in. The weekends are unpredictable, I never really know what I will be doing. My mother could ask me to go shopping with her, I could go to church on Sunday morning, I could drop by my sister's place for a visit with my niece, or I could be conned into babysitting, not getting any pay afterwards. Maybe that's why I do it, feel relieved that it's Friday, it means that the routine events of the week are over and done with. It means that the weekend is here, and anything can happen. Something worthwhile just might happen to me while I go out for coffee or clean the house. something unexpected that sparks my interest. I could break an arm, I could get accepted into my favourite college, or I could move out. The future is unpredictable, unexpected, and surprising. So, in honour of all that may or may not happen this beautiful or dreary weekend, thank God it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers