About Me

My photo
I'm just a small-town girl who loves to read and write, often times listening to country music while doing so.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Inspiration.

The inspiration to write may arise from anything. For me, nothing inspires me to write more than a good book. After reading an interesting novel, I have so many new ideas for writing that I don't know where to start. Should i start writing them down, putting all of my crazy ideas into words for others to criticize? Or do I push them to the back of my mind for a later time when I start to write a story, and use them up then? I generally write them down on a piece of lined paper and set them aside so that I may look at them when I get the urge to write.
Just last month I bought a journal. My thoughts when buying it were centred around writing a story, one that may be published in the future. The journal inspires me to think creatively, to write in different styles than I am used to. The cover is a map of the world, with labels set in the 1800's. Inside, the journal has inspirational quotes from authors, poets, actors, pilots, and everyday people. The quotes promote change and diversity in my writing as well as how I live my life.
The only thing that seems to inspire me as much as my journal and reading do is being in a quiet atmosphere where I am encouraged to write. This atmosphere is provided in Writer's Craft. In class, we are given encouragement to write, this encouragement inspires me to practice my writing skills and better my writing habits. If I can teach myself to use the techniques I am learning in Writer's Craft outside of school, I may very well finish a story and publish it, rather than having one too many works in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers