About Me

My photo
I'm just a small-town girl who loves to read and write, often times listening to country music while doing so.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Revealing Untold Secrets

Clinging to the rock-solid wall of my fantasy
Two hundred feet above an endless pit of doom.
To hold on is to continue with this delusion
But to release is to crumble in self-pity.
Relinquishing that ceaseless grip is the only option,
For though the journey downward will be perilous
The ground will break my fall.
It may very well break my spirit,
But at least reality will surround my soul.

The fluffy clouds appear soft to touch
Reaching out I'm left in despair
The imagination has created a world of wonder,
Perfection was within my grasp
But you wrenched it away with a silent tremor
And my heart prolongs unfastening the chains connecting you to me
My mind fights a battle of logic and wit,
For to believe is to deceive
As to pine for is to die for.

Just as the dog is torn between barking at a squirrel and following the orders of his master,
As a lion decides to attack the weaker calf or the meatier mother,
As the ant chooses to defend his colony or simply his queen,
I remain as indecisive as ever before
Torn between reality and fantasy,
Caught in the middle of a war between emotions and intelligence
Do I choose logic, the reasonable route?
Or desire, the corrupt daydream of the weary?

As sin corrupts the pure-of-heart,
It corrupts my mind.
As a lion mauls the antelope in the smouldering heat of the Savannah,
It mutilates my soul.
As a plane ruptured the peace of a nation one September day,
It pierces my heart.
To the icy frost clouding my vision,
The bitter cold of a Russian winter cannot compare.
As my blood-curdling thoughts of loathing force me to accept reality,
My broken trust and love are in an irreparable state of desolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers